The III ECG International Conference (ECGIC24) “Converging Future-fit Economic Models: Advancing Just and Sustainable Regions” will be held on June 3, 4 and 5, 2024, in Leeuwarden, Province of Fryslân, The Netherlands. A seed originally planted by ECG Nederland, the hosting partnership blossomed to feature, next to the Economy for the Common Good, the Wetsus Institute, Hanzehogeschool University of Applied Sciences Groningen, NHL University of Applied Sciences Stenden.
Now, the call for abstracts is out! You can submit your paper/case directly in the conference website.
ECG-IC24 Key dates:
- Abstract submission deadline: 12.12.23
- Announcement of accepted abstracts: 19.01.24
- Full paper and case submission deadline: 25.03.24
- Announcement of accepted papers and cases: 15.04.24
- Conference dates: 03 – 05.06.24
In a three-day event, we will delve into the intersectionality of environmental science, heterodox economics, and regional democratic governance. We’ll be addressing the overarching question How can regions leverage a multi-stakeholder perspective to shift from quantitative GDP-led growth towards sustainable growth of their non-monetary ‘area capital’?
The first day will focus on science; the second will be devoted to practical experiences; and the third committed to bridging these two aspects towards policy formation, the interaction between theory and practice, and translating insights into policy requirements in a practical workshop format. We expect to receive contributions in a wide range of scientific and practical domains (case studies) that broadly consider the ESD framework for sustainable economic models and an alternative to GDP.
Contributing topics include, but are not limited to:
- Requirements of the successor of GDP
- GDP growth vs. “Economic growth, prosperity and thriving”
- New sustainable economic models
- Fair and sustainable water & energy systems
- Circular and Biobased Economy (intensive and circular use of raw materials)
- Regenerative natural systems (water, soil, air in balance for improved biodiversity)
- Positive health, care & agri-food systems
- Smart Technologies
- Leadership and spirituality
We encourage researchers, practitioners, policy makers, regional government officials, educators, to send proposals and join us. We look forward to receiving your application!
Image credits: @alexabero / unsplash